Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cookie Squared

So to say that I enjoy baking and cooking would be an understatement. This is a very surprising fact to some... Mostly anyone who knew how little cooking my parents did when I was a kid. Meat loaf, eat out, (frozen) chicken cordon bleu, eat out, scrambled eggs, eat out, spaghetti & meatballs,  and then repeat. I owe all of my love for cooking and baking to my grandmothers. Clearly it skipped a generation but thankfully some sort of cooking gene was passed on to me.

My love for cooking and baking grew even more with the start of pinterest.com. To say I'm obsessed with Pinterest would be yet another understatement. Basically I would need to be both a millionaire and unemployed at the same time to be able to make all of the things that I've pinned. I've definitely been doing what I can to make as much as possible with the time that I have. Also I have divided all of my co-workers between those that want me to keep baking and those that hate me for baking because they can't stop eating it.

Most recently I tried, for the second time, Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. Just the name makes me feel stuffed but then again how could you go wrong with two cookies in one? The recipe I tried the first time was... http://veryculinary.com/2011/03/22/oreo-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookies/


How could you not want to eat those? I followed the recipe exactly the first round and they turned out EXACTLY like that picture. So enjoyable when a recipe comes out just like it said it would. They were an instant hit with everyone. WARNING: They are gigantic cookies and they are the equivalent of a meal.

The second time I made them... I cheated. Ok I admit it now - I didn't make the chocolate chip cookie dough from scratch. I was crunched for time... and by crunched I mean I wanted to drink wine with my friends instead of bake for two hours. I popped the cookies into the oven and waited. I just assumed they would come out the way they did in the first time. The packaged cookie dough didn't cooperate as I'd hoped it would. It spread over the entire backing sheet and I was left with what looked like UFO cookies. Despite their strange appearance they still tasted amazing!

Lesson learned - if you're trying to impress others with your baking skills - don't cheat.

More Pinterest recipe adventures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment